The Lessons of 2014 and the Dreams for 2015
So - here is what I learned.
1. Patience and acceptance: Yeah these are two qualities (and virtues?) I have a great deal of trouble with. So in 2015 I am going to attempt and try very hard to be patient when things aren't going to plan and accept that there are many things beyond my control. Good luck to me.
2. Morning routines: In the myriad of lists that exist on the internet based on what successful people do that makes them successful - I noticed one similarity that often crops up is that most of them have some kind of morning routine - be it prayer, exercise, scheduling the day - I figured that starting the day in a focused manner would be good.
3. How to say 'no': No to things I can't handle, no to people who only want things from me, no to stretching myself to the breaking point, no to things that just aren't vital and necessary. I am terrible and saying no and this has led to some not-so-bright places.
4. Actively break my comfort zone: Every-time I have exited my comfort zone over the years, it has been rewarding but the actual exiting has been done only because I was given no other choice. As I mentioned before I am a creature of habit and plans and this will be tough for me, but I also know that it will be immensely rewarding and at worst teach me some valuable lessons.
5. Find balance: I am a person of extremes - either I spend three days with less than 4 hours of sleep or I spend three days in bed with less than 5 hours of being awake. Balance is good, balance is supposed to be healthy so I'm going to try working on that.
Happy New Year and compliments of the season everyone! May this new year be filled with blessings and love.