Try to Break Me With Your Words

Freak. Weirdo. Nerd. Fatty.
Freak. Freak. FREAK. 
Children are cruel
You realize later
They throw words
Exploding like greneades
Leaving scars

Why are you like this?
Why aren't you like them?
(Worse is when 'they' are your blood)
Why are you strange?
Why? Why? Why?
I DON'T KNOW WHY

Older. Wiser. Tougher. Better understanding.
You see yourself in others
You hug them
Tell them -  it DOES get better.
You smile.
The scars are there
But you KNOW you are special

It comes without warning
Hurled from unexpected sources
The Internet
Gossip circulating around
Frenemies
People who want to hurt
Those who wonder why you haven't broken.

Slut. Whore. Tease ('Can I be both?' you wonder)
Bitch. Wannabe. Know it all.
Gold digger. Freeloader. Ass kisser.
Older. Adults are vicious. Names are barbed.
This time they know what their words can do.

This time it's different. This time I know.
This time I have love. I don't need validation.
So call me the names. Perhaps to you they are true.
Go ahead. Try to break me.
You can't.
I didn't break then.
I sure as hell won't now.

 

Comments

K_doodles said…
I'v had my days recently and this sounds pretty much what I have to say in your golden words... Love the simplistic words with a hell of a meaning :) Keep it up!!!