The Sound of Rain


I can hear the rain…even 3 floors up I can hear the rain and it’s a beautiful sound. It makes me think of some of my favourite things – like a cup of flavoured tea, melting tiramisu; a warm body curled up next to mine, and kisses on the back of my neck.

I would much rather be curled up in bed, catching up on re-reading my favourite entries of ‘The Sex and the Ivy’ (excellent blog btw, what inspired me), and perhaps drifting in and out of sleep where the world melts into a series of fuzzy images.

Rain has such a way of lifting me out of gloom. Even stuck here at work, waiting for evil  corporates to email me back, and looking up facts for things I don’t care about – rain can never keep me in a funk for too long. All I need to do is close my eyes and it just makes me feel better.

I think my favourite moment of a rainy day, is when I can come home, and inch open my window. I am rewarded with a blast of fresh, cold, rain scented air. Rain makes me happy. It makes me smile. It makes me sleepy, and cuddly and agreeable. I mumble incoherently and my best friend once told me that rain turns me into this ‘little ball of smiles’.  Which is a far cry from humid, sticky heat wave weather which makes me snappy, irritable and twitchy.

Rain makes for a very very nice me. The kind of me that given the choice – I would be more often if the world didn’t insist on ticking me off so often. But no, I am going to lean back in my chair a little further and listen to rain. After all…it’s a beautiful sound. 

Comments

SarongJohnnie said…
"A little ball of smiles!" nice!

Rain also makes me very productive.
Argent said…
I just read it, even though i put in the like earlier. Damn You could literally feel it :)
Unknown said…
Like a chick flick...but definitely enjoyed reading it. I like the positive energy and the optimistic tone with which you have conveyed your innermost desires. I think every reader could relate to it, bringing one's own fond memories back to life. Keep up the good work.

Share the Joy! :)