3 months...

I realized, in 3 months my turn comes. To pack my bag, hug my friends, smile through my tears and turn to face the rest of my life.

I know everyone says it....I don't wanna go on and blah blah blah. And I wish so much that there is another way that i could say this, so that I don't sound like just another person who is going.

I know I'll love uni. There's no doubt about that...I know I'll meet great people and learn things and have a great time. And that maybe makes it a little bit easier...But all the same, no matter how great it is, it will NEVER EVER bee the same.

Nowhere else will I be able to feel perfectly at home simply because i heard a papre band in the distance. Or be teased to death because i said "mata bah". Or hear the phrase "from Asian's to Anandian's...I'm so proud of my baby" :P. Or be accused of not being Srilankan (The official who certified my birth certificate clearly didn't realize what I would be like). Or inform Thomain's the Royalists are more gentlemanly :P. Or understand that Burger King doesn't refer to the massive American fast food chain.

I will miss home no matter what. I'll miss the heat, the Tuk-Tuk's, The shock of realizing not everyone lives in Colombo like me and some people actually travel more that 15 mins to get to places (Imagine!). I'll miss my friends.

Yes the crazy wacky loony lot that I put up with. Those who were still left behind after a good proportion of the other went. Who reminisced, and took pictures and tagged people who weren't even there just to evoke a few memories for them.

And the ones who will be left when the little of us who are left go. I know you'll miss me and my high0pitched excitement, my disgust with buses, my lack of road direction, my "spoilt brat ways", my never ending drama.

“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”

I love you all. So much.

Comments

James Milinda said…
you will be missed. mwah
and you will call me everyday
aw :)
and yes i will! mwah!